Thursday, December 20, 2012

New Years Eve: Outfit Ideas!

Alright ladies, how often does an opportunity come around when you can doll up to the max, prom-styles and go all out with hair and makeup? For most of us, that occurs a few times a year and New Year's Eve is one of those few occasions. And when you dress up occasionally, this can be an exciting time to attempt a new style or finally get into that outfit you've been dying to wear - I say have fun with it! Glam it up!

Toronto is one of those cities where there are a wide range of fun party possibilities for NYE, from super glamourous to low-key depending on your mood. This year my husband and I have been invited to our best friends' place for a NYE party (cocktail attire) in the heart of the city (actually a few blocks from where we are) which makes it a perfect option. The only question now is whatever shall I wear? Of course I have a few ideas circulating in my mind which I've humbly decided to share with you all! lol argh i'm dishing all my secrets! But I just can't help it!

So here are my top picks for what to wear on NYE- I haven't decided which one I'll be wearing but it will definitely be one of these options....

1. FANCY JUMPSUITS - love this chic, one piece trend for the holidays. Jumpsuits hit the fashion circuits a few years ago but in a more casual rendition. Now they're being re-invented for more formal attire which I LOVE. I wore a vintage one myself to my friends birthday a few weeks ago, seen below.

 Emma Stone in Lanvin                                        Me in Vintage                     Cameron Diaz

Vintage white jumpsuit I got from Common Sort (Toronto)

2. MATCHING PRINTED SUITS - this is a fierce trend blazing the red carpets this fall and winter. There is nothing more fashion forward then a matching, printed suit, worn with either pants or shorts. Love this menswear inspired trend if you want to stand out at the party!

 Emma Stone in Nanette Lepore:              Karolina Kurkova in Roberto Cavalli


Suits with shorts!

3. LBD - is there anything more classic then a little black dress? You cannot go wrong with this classic choice, and there is such a range of LBDs you can get depending on how glammed up you want to be! Also you can always wear a simpler version and dress it up with the right accessories for your night out!


Emma Stone in an "Old-Hollywood" inspired  Miu Miu

For the bling lover- this Prabal Gurung LBD is fab

This Dior LBD is the epitome of classic beauty on Marion Cotillard

4. VELVET - who would've thunk it that this 80's fav would make a come-back! Well if we know anything about fashion we know that it is cyclical, and this trend is back but in a MUCH more modern silhouette. (Tip: scour vintage stores in your city to get an affordable version of this trend)


Katie Holmes in Tom Ford


Kim K in Gucci Fall 2012

5. Floor Length Coverage - Here is a trend for those who are attending a fancier, formal party. There is nothing more elegant and sexy then a floor length, full sleeved gown, I am a firm believer that you don't need to show everything feel attractive!  A little mystery goes a long way...

Princess Kate fresh off her controversial hospital stay, looking beautiful in McQueen
Cate Blanchette in Givenchy
SJP in Erdem

I hope these suggestions help!  I know I'll be rocking ONE of these trends, stay tuned to find out which one :) 

What will you be doing and wearing for New Year's Eve?

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I would probably go all out for new years because it is really the only time I can get away with the glamorous dresses I really want to wear. I do love the velvet looks here - and your pant suit is fab!

    Zahra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zahra! What did you end up wearing?? Velvet is my fav too, love that its making a return!! :)

      Delete