Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Outfit Post: Maroon Pantyhose and the "Husband Sweater"

MAROON PANTS

 Maroon pants are very popular right now and have been for the entire season. Walking down the street in Toronto you can easily spot tons of girls sporting maroon skinnies - I believe that has something to do with the fact that  H&M has an inexpensive pair available en masse. And there is no harm in grabbing a pair, you go girl, I aint judging. BUTTT I did try a pair on and the fit was tres horrible pour moi. As you get *ahem* older, you tend to gravitate towards better quality and better fitting brands for jeans/pants. Soooo, when it comes to coloured denim I really like Urban Outfitters  (as you can see my mint coloured jeans here) or J Brand (more expensive). But you don't necessarily want to spend $100-$300 on an uber trendy coloured denim that will probably last only one season before you get sick of the colour. Fret not, I have a solution for this and its.....Maroon opaque pantyhose! I got a pair from H&M for $10 or something and it completely fulfills my fall colour craving! By wearing maroon pantyhose you can be on trend and add some fun to your everyday neutrals :)

HOW TO WEAR MAROON PANTYHOSE:
- Keep other elements neutral (you will have maroon legs to balance the neutrals) 
I dressed it casually below but you can:
-  Pair w/ a black skirt and white shirt with black blazer (with cute ballet flats or loafers)
- Pair w/ your classic Little Black Dress or grey dress and black pumps
- Pair w/ knee high boots (and any variation of the above outfits)
- I would add any colour purse and metallic/blingy accessories to complete the look


 HUSBAND SWEATER:

Another fun tip is to borrow your husband/partner/boyfriend/commonlawpartner 's sweaters. And if you don't have any of the above, shop in the mens section! The "Husband Sweater", a personal take on the boyfriend blazer (which is really misleading, because who actually wears their boyfriends blazers?) is a comfy and chic choice for those casual days/events. I love androgynous style, there is something so chic about wearing a mens shirt or sweater. And nowadays menswear is getting more adventurous with colour and pattern, so even shopping in the mens section is fun! Anyways, I borrowed this beige Club Monaco sweater from my husband (a sweater that I got for him last year). He has no idea I wore it, but now he will I guess ;P

HOW TO WEAR THE "HUSBAND SWEATER"
- Since the sweater is over-sized usually and loose-fitting, pair it with tights or skinnies and some cute loafers and you are good to go!
- pair with biker boots and some cute accessories (arm candy, scarves etc)

OUTFIT BREAKDOWN:
Husband Sweater- Club Monaco (Free!)
Black Skirt -  F21 ($20ish)
Pantyhose - H&M ($10ish)
Scarf thingy - FCUK ($50)
Boots - Browns Shoes ($200ish)
Jacket - Aritzia ($120) - the one that everyone and their mom has
Disclaimer: I took these pictures a few weeks ago, hence the different hair :) #bloggernotsosecrets


There they are! The Maroon pantyhose
Gazing out into the unknown...











Some more gazing












layered up
Let me know what you think! Would these tips work for you?

 Once again photography by Priya Crasto (crasto.priya@gmail.com) :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this look - and I have a pair of maroon pantyhose that I haven't got enough wear out of! Will definitely try this look - love the "husband" sweater!

    Zahra

    ReplyDelete