Sunday, September 30, 2012

Outfit Post: City Slickin'

I've been hearing from many readers that they would like to see better quality pictures to see the outfit details better and I agree. Most of my outfit pics are quick Iphone snaps taken as I leave for work in an absolute rush (I could wake up a bit earlier to make sure its all done in good time, but sleeping for another 20 minutes in the morning seems SO important at that time!). The subsequent "editing" takes place on a streetcar and the writing sometimes happens while standing on a crammed subway car - hehe the joys of multi-tasking...

Now I'm not saying that won't happen again, but for now I have MUCH better photos thanks to my lovely photographer friend Priya Crasto who came to my rescue (as friends do!). She generously offered to get my lazy butt in gear by taking REAL outfit pictures of me, which I'm super happy with :). Most fashion bloggers seem to have a knack for being in front of the camera, but I don't feel quite comfortable yet, so having Priya taking the pictures really helped to put me at ease. I think the editor/stylist in me is used to always being behind the scenes, but its fun to experiment and force myself out of my comfort zone.

The inspiration for this outfit began with my discovery of these flared camel coloured jeans (Citizens of Humanity), also the whole Wild West trend has been catching my eye lately (cowboy type boots, hats, bolos, leather fringes, etc) I have a feeling it'll be around for next summer. So lets enjoy the little bit of summer we're having in October!

Outfit Breakdown:
Denim Vest: Thrifted for $25 (to which I added embellishment in a fun DIY project, you can check it out here)
Black blousey thing: Chinatown for $20(I never notice the name of these stores, probably called "Lovely Clothes" or something)
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity (from Aritzia, for $29!! yes, lets take a minute to let that sink in)



Ooooooh!

Big Brother's watching















I hope you liked these higher quality pictures! You will definitely be seeing more of this and less of the shady self-shots (circa 2005 Myspace).

I HIGHLY recommend Priya for your photography needs, she was awesome! If you're in the Greater Toronto Area, you can reach out to her at crasto.priya@gmail.com for photoshoots of your own, (engagement shoots, outfit shoots, headshots etc) and don't forget to mention that I referred you!

No comments:

Post a Comment