Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thirfty to Trendy: On the GO!

From now on I will be regularly doing posts titled "Thrifty to Trendy" which basically means I'm wearing an outift where I've taken a thrifted item and rendered it "trendy" by mixing it with newer items. When I thrift, my goal is not to make it obvious that I'm wearing a thrifted piece (unlike some hipsters who basically will pick the most ragged looking piece of clothing and try to make it "homeless chic") Not my thing. So I hope to show you how you can take a piece of clothing from Value Village or Goodwill and make it look new and expensive! Doesn't mean you have to hide the fact that you thrift, (God knows I shout it from the roof tops) but you don't really want it to be an immediately discernible aspect of your outfit. Now, if it looks vintage, that's another story, whats the difference you ask? We'll save that for another blog post....

Here is my first outfit that I took from "Thrifty to Trendy"! Classic, simple and easy - some of my favourite style values :)


Me on the go! Just before leaving for work

Outfit breakdown;
Tuxedo Blazer - Value Village $12.99
Shirt - from my DIY project 
Jeans - Gap Skinnies ($80ish0
Shoes - Aldo loafers ($29 on sale)
Bag, pleather tote -  FCUK (I believe I got this for $30 on sale)

And there you go! Stay tuned for many more....and please tell me if I start regressing into "homeless chic" - these hipsters start rubbing off on you without you even realising..its quite cultish.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrifting is the best! Esp when you find that great piece ;) And thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE CONCEPT...ONLY YOU CAN PULL OFF "VALUE VILLAGE AU COUTURE" ;)

    ReplyDelete