Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lady Gaga on VOGUE

To this day, I don't think any other magazine does a better job of styling and creating epic editorials then American VOGUE. Absolutely my number one favourite. The styling done by the likes of Grace Coddington (I would stalk her if I lived in NY) is always so sophisticated, artistic and fashion forward without being gimmicky (meat dress anyone?). Coddington is definitely my styling role model, I would love to live in her editorials as a despondent housewife, sitting by the window on a rainy day waiting for her true love to return from war.....(ok, not really but the clothes would be FAB!).

Dreamy tangent aside, today via twitter Lady Gaga released the American VOGUE cover for September 2012. The September issue is THE most important issue where all the big guns come out, not only is it the largest in page number (and advertising dollars) but also in quality of content. SO who better then Gaga to grace the cover and styled by none other then Grace Coddington (the bigger celebrity in my world).
Lady Gaga on the cover of American VOGUE's September '12 issue
Lets talk about this cover for a sec, VOGUE once again proves their brilliance by completely transforming Lady Gaga but not losing her artistic/brand essence. She still looks "edgy" and editorial, but oh so naturally beautiful. By using silhouette and shape alone, Coddington manages to create a fashion forward and artistic image without resorting to the usual Gaga gimmicks. Is it just me or does the silhouette remind you of an Oscar award? Foreshadowing maybe? In any case, the reinvention is exhilirating and builds such anticipation for Gaga's next career move. Bravo Coddington and VOGUE.

Here is Gaga's first American VOGUE cover back in March of 2011 - I like the new one better.

 What did you think of Gaga on Vogue's September issue?

7 comments:

  1. Is it just me or is the Vogue 2011 cover the inspiration for the Chanel Resort 2013 collection? Loving Gaga on the Vogue cover though!

    Zahra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES i totally see it!! See everything begins at Vogue! ;P

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award.
    http://mermaidveins.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html
    x. JY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you for your nomination! So flattered :) xo

      Delete
  3. I love the gaga cover, nice blog, follow each other?
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not so sure which one I like more, but I do love them both! The beautiful Haider Ackermann dress on the march cover I think is more Vogue than the Marc Jacobs gown on the September cover. I didn't and don't like the bleached eyebrows on the March cover though.

    Love, Sam
    http://sammthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete